Student Exchange Programs
Student exchange programs are activities of receiving foreign students for short term visit and semester exchange/study abroad at Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ),and sending MUJ students for the same at Collaborative Institutes (CIs) within frameworks of MoU/Agreement executed by the collaborative Institute & MUJ. At present, MUJ has two forms of student exchange which are as follows: (i) Non-Credit Exchange Program (includes summer schools, internships, short duration courses etc.). (ii) Credit Exchange Program (includes credit-based program).
Details of the Programs are as follows-
1.1 Exchange under Summer Schools/Short Duration Programs/ Internships
1. An application form in which students apply as per the Collaborative Institutes requirement and only participate in summer schools, short-term visits, relation exchanges, internships and study from 1 week to 6 months without receiving any degree/diploma. Such exchanges are encouraged during the semester breaks.
2. Students from Collaborative Institutes can apply for similar exchanges at MUJ by applying as per MUJ’s application format and undergo summer schools/ short duration programs/internships.
1.2 Credit Exchange Program
1.2.1 Outgoing students
220.127.116.11. The courses credited elsewhere, in Indian/Foreign, University/Institutions/Colleges by students during their study period at Manipal University Jaipur may be counted towards the credit requirements for the award of degree.
18.104.22.168. Students can earn external credits only from Indian/Foreign, Universities/Institutions with which MUJ has a MoU for the above purpose.
22.214.171.124. The credit transferred will reduce the number of courses to be registered by the student at Manipal University Jaipur. The guidelines of such transfer of credits are as follows:
126.96.36.199.1(a) B.Tech student with consistent academic performance and CGPA > 7 can credit the courses approved by the concerned Board of Studies (BoS) and ratified by Faculty Board (FB) of Engineering at Manipal University Jaipur, in other institutions during 3rd/4th year and during any semester breaks.
188.8.131.52.1(b) Non-B.Tech student with consistent academic performance and CGPA > 7 can credit the courses approved by the concerned Board of Studies (BoS) and ratified by their respective Faculty Boards (FB) in Non-Engineering at MUJ, in other institutions during 2nd/3rd year and during any semester breaks.
184.108.40.206.2. Credit transferred will not be used for GPA/CGPA computation. However, credit transferred will be considered for the overall credit requirement of the program.
220.127.116.11.3. Credit transfer can be considered only for the courses at same level or above.
18.104.22.168.4. Student must provide all details for the course which he is requesting for credit transfer along with the acceptance letter for the scrutiny of the concerned BoS, before proceeding for the course.
22.214.171.124.5. The student and parent of the student need to agree on the Student Exchange Policy and sign an Undertaking Form (ANNEXURE 1).
126.96.36.199.6. Maximum number of credits that can be transferred by a student shall be limited to the number of credits earned in the corresponding semester in MUJ. However total credits earned on completion of degree should not be less than the required credit for award of degree. In case a student has earned more credits from other Universities/Educational Institutions/Research Institutions, the student may indicate his/her preference for credit transfer. However, the decision of the concerned Dean of the Faculty concerned in this regard shall be considered as final.
188.8.131.52.7. Student has to pass all such courses for which credit transfer is to be made.
184.108.40.206.8. Credit transfer availed by a student shall be properly recorded in the academic record(s) of the student. The copy of Credit transfer/mapping form needs to be completed by the student, further verified by the respective HoD and approved by Dean of the concerned Faculty. The approved credit transfer/mapping form’s copy must be submitted to CoE, Directorate of Academics and Directorate of International Collaborations.
220.127.116.11.9. At the end of the exchange, student has to bring along the granted certificate/transcript for completed credits based on their learning results from the Parnter Institute.
1.2.2 Incoming students
1. An application form (ANNEXURE 2) in which students participate in some suitable courses/modules from 1st semester to 2nd semesters need to be submitted by the student along with the credit mapping /learning agreement form (ANNEXURE 3).
2. The credit mapping/learning agreement form must also be filled by the students of Host Institutes (HIs) with agreement and approval from their respective Dean/Head of the programme. The approved copy of Credit transfer/mapping form needs to be verified by the respective HoD and approved by Dean of the Faculty. The credit transfer/mapping form’s copy must be submitted to CoE, Directorate of Academics and Directorate of International Collaborations.
3. At the end of the exchange, students from HIs will be provided with a certificate/transcript (ANNEXURE 4-sample) for completed credits based on their learning results.
4. The guidelines of such transfer of credits are as mentioned for Outgoing students (section 1.2.1).
5. MUJ factsheet (ANNEXURE 5) provide the overview of MUJ facilities and other details. The facts and figures may change from time to time.
6. The Fee Structure for exchange students at MUJ is given in ANNEXURE 6.
7. Manual Registration form and Assessment forms (Form A, Form B and Form C) are to be followed.
Note: In case of any disputes, the Dean of the Faculty along with Director, International Collaborations will constitute for a committee to resolve the dispute.