Professor of Physics & Dean, FOS
Department of Physics School of Basic Sciences
Prof (Dr) Anoop Kumar Mukhopadhyay is working as Dean, Faculty of Science and Professor of Physics, Department of Physics, Manipal University, Jaipur.
Earlier Prof Mukhopadhyay had served as a Chief Scientist at CSIR- CENTRAL GLASS AND CERAMIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE (CGCRI) at Kolkata.
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Ph.D. Science||Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India||1988|
|Master of Science (M.Sc.) Physics||Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India||1982|
|Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.), (Physics Major)||Kalyani University, Kalyani, West Bengal||1978|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Advance Mechanical and Material Characterization Division, CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute.||Chief Scientist and Head||Administrative||Dec 2011 till 2018|
|Senior Principal Scientist||Analytical Facility Division, CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute||Administrative||2005-2011|
|Principal Scientist||Non-oxide Ceramic and Composite Division, CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute||Administrative||03-Dec-1999 02-Dec-2005|
|Senior Scientist||Composite Division, CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute||Administrative & Research||03-Dec-1994 02-Dec-1999|
|Director's Laboratory, Electroceramics Division, Composite Division, CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute||Scientist: Mechanical Test Section||Research||03-Dec-1989 02-Dec-1994|
|Director's Laboratory, CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute||Junior Scientist: Mechanical Test Section||Research||03-Dec-1986 02-Dec-1989|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Area of Interest
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
About 35 years in Evaluation of Mechanical Properties including the Nano Indentation Technique (DSI) based Characterization, Non-Destructive and Ultrasonic Characterization, Structure Property Correlation, Tribology and Fatigue of : Surgical and Bio-Ceramics as well as Ceramic Composites including Multilayer Composites, Thermal Barrier Coating (TBC), Thin Films and functional ceramic coating.
International Recognition as Expert
HOTTEST ARTICLES of the Ceramics International journal published by Elsevier & cited by Science Direct. Please look into the following web link for further details:
Please look into the following web link for further details: http://nanotechnology.verticalnews.com/articles/2952438.html
Best Poster Paper Award, 2008, 53rd DAE Solid State Physics Symposium.
Sir C V Raman Award, 2000, Acoustical Society of India.
Best Poster Paper Award, 2000, Materials Research Society of India.
Visiting Scientist Fellowship Award, 2000, Forschungszentrum, Juelich, Germany.
Outstanding Young Person Award for Science and Innovation, Calcutta, 1997
Lions Club of India Award, 1996
Best Poster Paper Prize, Materials Research Society of India, India, 1995
Australian Research Council Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, Govt. of Australia, 1990-1992
Research Fellowship, CSIR*, Govt. of India, India, 1982-1986
National Scholarship, Govt. of India, 1978
Merit Scholarship, University of Kalyani, India, 1974
*CSIR: Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, Department of Science & Technology, Government of India
Fellowships of Professional Societies:
1. Materials Research Society of India (Life Member), 1995
2. Electron Microscope Society of India (Life Member), 2000
3. Acoustical Society of India (Life Member), 2000
4. Indian Physical Society (Life Member), 2009
5. Indian Ceramic Society (Life Member), 1995
1. Australia, 5-Nov-1990 to 4-Nov-1992, University of Sydney, To work as Guest Scientist at Dept. of Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering, University of Sydney as a Australian Research Council Post Doctoral Fellowship Awardee
2. Germany (Federal Republic of), 18-Feb-2000 14-Aug-2000, Forshungszentrum, Juelich to work as Guest Scientist Fellowship Awardee at Forshungszentrum, Juelich
3. Germany (February 22-28, 2010) to present an oral presentation along with another three poster papers at the International Conference “Nanobrücken : Hysitron European Workshop 2010” jointly organized by the INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials and Hysitron, Inc. held at the INM campus in Saarbrücken, Germany, on February 25-26, 2010.
India (Republic of), Filing Date 22-Jan-2003, Grant Date 05-Sep-2008, Patent No. 223204.
India (Republic of), Filing Date 25-Feb-2000 Grant Date: 19-Jun-2008, Patent No. 221204.
India (Republic of), Filing Date 07-Mar-2003, Grant Date 09-April-2009, Patent No. 233814
India (Republic of), Filing Date 30-Mar-2006, Patent No. 883/DEL/06