CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Dr Monika Mathur is Associate Professor in the Department of Economics at School of Humanities & Social Sciences, MUJ.
- Head, Dept of Economics
- Faculty Coordinator, ENACTUS MUJ Chapter
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Competition Policy & Law
|Economics of Growth & Development
||Year of passing
|| JRNV University, Udaipur
|| Mahirishi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer (Raj.)
||Economics, English Literature, History
|| K N Girls College, JNV University, Jodhpur
|Institution / Organisation
|Manipal University Jaipur
|| July 2017 to till date
|Raffles University, Neemrana
|| July 2012 – June2017
|Aishwarya P G College
|| July 2010-April 2012
|Vardhman Girls College
|| July 2006 – May 2010
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Growth & Development, Macro Economics, Health Economics, Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Development Economics, Health Economics, Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Health Economics, Financial inclusion, community outreach
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- 27th Rajasthan Economic Association’ Seminar in Jodhpur and read the paper entitled “Health Economics: Implications in India”
- 91th “Indian Economic Association” Summit in Udaipur and read Paper titled “Potential of medical tourism in Rajasthan” also published in Souvenir and paper published in book titled “Economy of Rajasthan: Emerging prospects & challenge”.
- 92nd annual Indian Economic Conference in Bhubaneswar, read paper titled “Regional Disparities in India” also published in Conference volume.
- 30th annual Rajasthan Economic Conference in Kota, presented paper titled “An overview of financial sector reforms in India”.
- UGC SAP sponsored Seminar on 12th and 13th March’10 on Climate change and Economic Development. Presented paper titled “Socio – economic consequences of climate change in India”.
- National Conference on Educational Reforms from 1 to 3 Oct 2010. Presented paper titled “An insight into the social role of Indian Media with special reference to news channels & news papers” also published in Aishwarya research Journal, ISBN No.
- UGC Sponsored International Conference from 13 to 15 Jan 2011 on Global Financial Crisis: Challenges & Opportunities. Presented paper titled “A Comprehensive study of IPO trends in India during the period of recession.”
- 31st REA Annual Conference & National Seminar on Environmental Economics, presented paper titled “Effect of Fiscal Deficit on GDP growth & national Debt” in Udaipur.
- National conference on “Developing to Developed Nation” in Aishwarya Education Society on 21 & 22nd August’11 and presented the paper titled “Growth of Micro, Medium & Small Industries and its prospects in Rajasthan”.
- National Seminar on Human Rights & gender held in collaboration of Mohan Lal Sukhadiya University, Udaipur and Aishwarya Education Sansthan on 11 February 2012 and presented paper titled “Micro Finance & Self Help Groups: a way forward for women empowerment”.
- UGC Sponsored International Conference on Sustainable Development held in faculty of Management Studies, Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Udaipur on 30-31 march’12 and presented paper titled” Micro finance & Self Help Groups : a roadmap for sustainable development”.
- International Conference organized by Marwadi Group of Education Foundation at Rajkot on 22 – 23 February 2014 and presented paper titled “A brief analysis of Company Act, 2013 with respect to better corporate governance standards in India”.
- UGC Sponsored International Conference organized by Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur from 8 – 10 Oct 2015 and presented paper titled “ Competition Policy : A tool for Consumer Welfare”.
- Presented research paper titled Assessment of Growing Health Care issues in India due to Climate Change in the 39th Annual Conference of Rajasthan Economic Association on Globalization and Governance: Socio Economic Perspectives Organized by Department of Economics, Manipal University Jaipur, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 30th-31st March, 2019.
- Presented research paper titled “Inter-regional gender inequality in female labor force participation and average wage rate across India” in the 60th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Labour Organized by Institute of Growth & Development, Mumbai, Maharashtra on 19th-21st December, 2018.
- Presented research paper titled “Entrepreneurial Education as a prerequisite for initiating Startups: Study of Jaipur” in the National Conference on Indian Start-ups: Issues, Challenges and Opportunities Organized by IMDR, Pune on 1st – 2nd March, 2019.
- Presented research paper titled Assessing Community Empowerment in Indian University in the International Conference on Sustainable Development Organized by Department of Economics, Manipal University Jaipur and Institute of Public Enterprises on 11th -12th January 2019.
- Presented Paper titled “Dimensions of Access To Health Care In India: A Systematic Literature Review” in SICONSEM 2019, International Conference organized by University Utara Malaysia in Johor Bahru, Malaysia on 26-27 Nov 2019.
- Presented Paper titled “Factors Affecting the Growing Economic Inequality: An Empirical Study with Reference to India & China” in SIMSARC 2019, organized by Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies on 17th – 18th Dec 2019. The paper is also accepted for publication in SCOPUS indexed Journal.
- Presented paper titled “Global Macro-Economic Factors and their Impact on Stock Returns: Evidences from India” in International Conference of Business management organized by Dept of Business Management, Central University of Tripura.
- Presented Paper titled “An Econometric Approach Towards Exploring the Impact of Workers Remittances on inflation: Empirical Evidence from India” in SIMSARC 2020, organized by Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune on 21-23 Dec, 2020.
- Presented Paper titled “Impact of health expenditure on health outcomes: Evidence from Medium Human Development Index Countries” in SYMBICON 21, organized by Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Nagpur on 16 & 17 February 2021.
Other Activities :
- Mentor for Start Up units at AIC MUJ & E Cell MUJ
- Innovation Ambassador for the institutional innovation committee
- Member, Proctorial Committee