Physical exercise is not only important for healthy body but it also helps brain stay sharp. And with an aim to grow the all-round personality of the students, Manipal University Jaipur accentuates equally to sports activities as on academics. It provides world-class sports facilities and necessary equipment that help young athletes to hone their sporting skills.
The university Physical Education experts routinely encourage students to attain sporting excellent for maintaining physical fitness and good health.
Here students can unleash their skills in indoor and outdoor sports like Table Tennis, Lane Tennis, Football, Cricket, Badminton, Squash, Throw-ball, Carrom, Chess, Kabaddi and many others. Matches at Intra-University and Inter-University level takes place throughout the academic session.
MUJ provides individual teaching staff and coaches for all the sports, along with the necessary equipment of international standards.
Recently on the occasion of “International Yoga Day” on June 21, 2015 a Yoga-Day was organized in the premises and has seen the presence of all Faculty members and Deans with higher number of student participants.
Below are the unique Sport-Faculties offered by MUJ:-
- Adequate indoor and outdoor sports
- A standard Turf Pitch Cricket field with lush greenery
- Two Basket-Ball courts with modular floor tiles
- Two Lawn Tennis Courts with modular floor tiles
- Two Volley Ball Courts with AstroTurf Flooring
- A lush green Football ground
- Students of MUJ have won several medals in various sports competitions.
Following are the details of sport facilities available at MUJ:-
- Tennis:- Well-developed tennis courts with modifiable tile flooring along with fencing around the courts, which provides an international standard playing experience
- Basket Ball:- Professional basketball courts with modifiable tile flooring, for an enthusiastic play
- Football:- A lush green football field that encourages the students to be physically fit
- Indoor Games:- Table-tennis, Carom, Chess and badminton along with essential and standard accessories
- Cricket:- A lavish green outfield with turf pitch of an international standard along with two practice pitches that provides an ample opportunity to the students for exploring their talent
- Others facility:- Volleyball courts with astro-turf flooring; Kabaddi and Kho-Kho games facilities.