Department of Biosciences
Advertisement for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Position in SERB Project
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow to work under a collaborative project (Co-PI: Dr. J. Venkatesh Pratap, Molecular and Structural Biology Division, CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow), titled “Structural and functional studies on signalling system associated with bacitracin sensing and resistance in multi-drug resistant Staphylococcus aureus”. The position details are given below:
M.Sc. in Biotechnology/Life Science or related fields with 55% marks. The candidate should be CSIR UGC NET/GATE qualified.
|Desirable||Prior hands-on experience of working in the areas of protein purification, molecular biology, enzyme assays and protein crystallography. Published paper(s) in journals.|
|Fellowship||As per SERB norms, with emoluments being Rs 31,000 + HRA p.m. for first two years, with annual performance review, and hiked to Rs 35,000 + HRA p.m. based on satisfactory performance (The relevant DST-SERB notification may be perused for further details and norms).|
Initially for one year and can be extended up to two more years subjected to the satisfactory performance of the candidate assessed every year.
The interested candidates may send their updated CV along with the self-attested copies of degree(s)/ marksheet(s) and testimonials via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line marked as “JRF-SERB 2021” to:
Dr. Sandeep K. Srivastava (Principal Investigator)
Department of Biosciences, Manipal University Jaipur
Off Jaipur-Ajmer Expressway, Post: Dehmi Kalan
Jaipur-303007, Rajasthan, India
Tel: +91-141- 3999100, Ext: 512
Last date for receipt of application: 5th April, 2021.
Candidates may please note the following:
1. Selection committee of MUJ Jaipur reserves all the right to fix suitable criteria for shortlisting the eligible candidates.
2. Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview based on merit. The date and time of interview will be informed via email.
3. No TA/DA will be provided to the candidates for attending the interview. Alternatively, the interview may be conducted via video online platform, in view of prevailing circumstances.
4. The nature of the post is purely temporary (on contract basis). For any other information/clarifications, the applicants may contact the principal investigator of the project directly by email/phone.
5. The selected candidates can opt for Ph.D. program announced by MUJ (twice a year) in case they are interested in pursuing Ph.D. at MUJ as per provision in the above research area after fulfilling the required criteria as per university rules.