Bachelor of Science (Hons) - Physics
hostel blocks with 3 for girls
Star rating from GRIHA and LEED's
lakhs in Scholarships
lakhs package offered
Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) was established in 2011 on an invitation from the Government of Rajasthan, as a self-financed private University. MUJ has redefined academic excellence in the region, with the Manipal way of learning; one that inspires students of all disciplines to learn and innovate through hands on practical experience. The MUJ has become first University in Rajasthan to accredited with A+ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of UGC.
The honours program trains and awards students with a Bachelor of Science degree after a 3-year period. The main objectives of this curriculum are:
1. To teach a wide range of Physics at an intermediate level and foster a creative spirit for learning to become inventive scientists and successful in a wide range of professions.
2. Producing graduates who are well grounded in the fundamentals and intermediate level of Physics and acquisition of the necessary skills, in order to use their knowledge in Physics in a wide range of practical application.
3. To acquire discipline-based skills in experimental, mathematical, and computational Physics.
The successful completion of the B.Sc. (Hons) Physics course from Manipal University Jaipur, makes one eligible for various job types and designations in a wide range of employment areas such as the environmental industry, the legal sector, transport and utilities, Indian Civil Services, Laboratories, Power Generating Companies, Pyrotechnics Manufacturers, Research and Development Firms.
Given below are B.Sc. (Hons) Physics jobs that aspirants can get after completing the course:
Abroad job opportunities are plenty for B.Sc. (Hons) Physics students. Many of these jobs require experienced professionals. B.Sc. (Hons) Physics students' commonly taken route is that they go for master’s in physics in reputed universities abroad.
The overall mission of B Sc (Hons) Physics programme at Manipal University Jaipur, is to provide quality education to the students. Through qualified teaching professionals who have received their PhD from the globally recognized best institutions and hold rich experience in teaching and research, the Department of Physics aims to achieve the following outcomes after completion of B Sc (Hons) course,
1. Create a hypothesis and appreciate how it relates to broader theories.
2. Evaluate hypothesis, theories, methods and evidence within their proper contexts.
3. Critically interpret data, write reports and apply the basics of rules of evidence.
4. Develop proficiency in the analysis of complex physical problems.
5. Provide a systematic understanding of core physical concepts, principles and theories along with their applications.
6. Will be trained for master’s program in Physics.
7. Nurture and develop employability skills through literary studies.
8. Help learners gain knowledge and ideas needed to conduct research in the field of literature
9. Develop the required analytical, critical, and application-oriented skills in physics.
10. Prepare students to take national and international level examination related to the discipline.
11. The department hosts several research projects sponsored by SERB, DST, UGC, DAE, DST Rajasthan and industry.
12. National (IITs, NIT’s and research laboratories) and international (Flinders University, Australia and TU Braunschweig, Germany) research collaborations.
The adept faculty members of the Physics Department are having teaching as well as research experiences and are associated with a lot of research activities, often in collaboration with eminent scientists from different parts of the globe. The thrust areas of the Department are Material Science, including Bio nanomaterials and Nanotechnology. The department has state-of-the-art laboratory facility to support synthesis and characterization of advanced Nanomaterials. The material synthesis and processing equipment includes dip coater, spincoater, microwave synthesizer, ball mill, annealing furnace, ultra-high-speed centrifuge etc. Besides, the department have acquired a glancing angle deposition (GLAD) system for the thermal deposition of 1-D nanomaterials. Major characterization system includes a source measure unit for I-V measurement of nanodevices, a high precision Hall measurement system and surface plasmon resonance (SPR) measurement system for measuring plasmonic effects in nanomaterials. Further, the department has accesses to most of the modern systems of material characterization like Field effect Microscope (FESEM), X-ray Diffraction (XRD), UV-Visible Spectroscopy, Photoluminescence (PL) spectroscopy, Thermo Gravimetric Analysis (TGA), Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy etc. through the Central facilities of the Manipal University Jaipur.
A student graduating from Faculty of Science is ahead of graduates from other institutions in terms of basic theoretical, practical and overall knowledge.
Dean Faculty of Science
|Indian (Rs)||International (USD)|
MUJ is a place where your voice is heard, your opinion counts, provides exposure and teachers are very cooperative.