Dr Madhura A Yadav
Director & Head, School of Architecture & Design
Manipal University Jaipur
Experience (No. of Years):
- Teaching 20yrs
- Research/Industry 12 yrs.
Additional responsibility held in the department/ institution/ university:
- Head, School of Architecture & Design, MUJ.
- Member of Board of Studies in Architecture, Planning & Fashion Design, Applied Art MUJ.
- Member of Academic Council, MUJ.
- Senate Member of Dr. Babasaheb Marathwada University (2000-2005).
- Chief Superintendent of Examination at MIT (2000-2001).
- Executive Member of IIA, Aurangabad Centre (200-2002)
- PG Co-ordinator (2006-2012).
Areas of Interest in teaching:
- Sustainable Architecture.
- Architecture & Ecology
- Architectural Design
- Building Construction & Material
- History of Architecture & Planning
- Urban & Regional Planning.
Top 5 research publications/ Projects:
- Appropriate Residential Typologies for Mumbai, India,
Presented & published at Kumamoto University, Japan in International Conference IES 2012.March 2012.
- Understanding Architecture as a potent form of Visual Art
Presented at Athens, Greece in International Conference. June 2013.
- Embodied energy in vernacular houses
Presented & published at Colombo, Sri Lanka in InternationalConference ISVS-05 July 10.
- Defining Ecological Regionalism – a theoretical perspective
Presented and published in the international conference: “Eco-Architecture 08” June 08, at Algarve, Portugal.
- Housing tenure for the urban poor: a case study of Mumbai city
Presented and published in the international conference: June2007 at