This National Hackathon will invite the young brains across the country who will attempt to solve proposed problems like: Solution for water management, agriculture, rural livelihood, healthcare, water technology, environment technology, road safety, smart city innovations etc.
This will inculcate a culture of product innovation and a mindset of problem solving, where in participants must build a prototype / deploy applications/ hardware on a problem statement.
We will invite students from premier institutions across India, which will give higher visibility and better outcomes.
- First Prize: 1,00,000/-
- Second Prize: 75,000/-
- Third Prize: 50,000/-
- Last date of submission of idea: 30 th November 2019
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: 7 th December 2019
- Submission of detailed report about idea: 10 th December 2019
- Date of event at MUJ: 16 th -17 th December 2019
Click here to register
(The participants can bring any idea/innovation on the following themes)
- Healthcare: Healthcare being very vast sector consists of business that not only provide medication (common human perspective), it also include manufacture of medical equipments, medical insurance, blood shortage, facilitate the provision to admitted patients, decreasing the response time and common user experience problem that are faced in the hospital. In many ways, mental health is just like physical health: everybody has it and we need to take care of it. Good mental health means being generally able to think, feel and react in the ways that you need and want to live your life. Healthcare can also be covered with few aspects like Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani etc. Incorrect posture while doing yoga is also a huge challenge.
- Agriculture: India is leading in the field of agriculture but the current status of agriculture in India is questionable. Starting from farmer’s suicide in India to increase demand of organic food agriculture sector is very huge in its own. Government Scheme for farmer has many limitations to solve. Low cost of vegetable and agriculture product has made farmer to strive of importance that they deserve. Increasing use of pesticides and deprecating quality of eatables has impacted health of every human. New Agriculture technology has remained rare in India. Organic food is always best thing to consume for any living being. Making it available to every human has remained challenge in its own. A very rare section of Agriculture sector is depreciation of vendor culture in India.
- Water Technology:“We never know the worth of water till the well is dry”. There is an acute shortage of water -with these cities likely to run out of fresh water in a few years. The problems faced, though, are distinct in each part of the world. Hackathon is aimed at fighting water scarcity that the modern world currently faces. If not dealt with, by 2025, an estimated 1.8 billion people will live in areas plagued by water scarcity, with two-thirds of the world’s population living in water-stressed regions. Advance technology can fight with water scarcity, we can analyze the trouble that need to be rectified.
- Environment Technologies:Over the last several decades, as a result of expanding population and industrial growth, air pollution, specifically ozone, has had increasing serious and wide spread impacts on the natural environment and human society. Ozone is the prime ingredient of photochemical smog in our cities and other areas of the country. Though it occurs naturally in the stratosphere to provide a protective layer high above the earth, at ground level, high concentrations of ozone can be harmful to people, animals, crops, and other materials. You think you have a solution? Show it in your hack!!
- Rural Livelihood: In India, out of total population of 1.3 billion, over 800 million live in rural areas. Thus, nearly 70 % of India’s population lives in rural areas.Yes, rural India is “media dark,” lacks proper infrastructure and healthcare. But contrary to popular belief rural India is not lacking behind in technology adoption. TRAI report states ~ 200 million [17% of 950 million] people from rural India as opposed to ~ 275 million [60% of 450 million] from urban India use the internet on their mobile devices.It’s time that we focus on technology solutions that can enhance life in rural India by diffusing critical problems they face. India developers community aka we, don’t lack talent, we don’t lack ideas but we lack initiative, let’s move ahead from reflection to action.
- Road Safety: This theme is added with the aim of utilizing the intellect and ideation capabilities of the students of premier technical colleges of India for developing implementable solutions in form of digital solutions to promote road safety, to reduce the frequency and effect of road accidents or for detecting frauds. The competition lays emphasis on developing ideas for Road Safety related issues which often become the reason behind deaths in road accidents and how to incorporate these ideas to curb such issues.• Smart City Innovations Around the world, smart city programmes combine IT with internet-connected devices – from waste management to smart grids– which enhances municipality management. The most common smart city projects include smart lighting, intelligent transport systems and smart utility metering for electricity and water. These technologies and integrations are based on sensor-centred collection and analysis of data. They offer cost-effective and innovative solutions to the growing number of challenges faced by municipalities. Design your hack to innovate and design and help your city grow.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The responsibility of the components and the materials required for developing the prototype during the Hackathon lies solely on the participating teams.
- No participant shall engage in any malicious/illegal activities which do not adhere to general code of conduct for developers. Participants will be immediately disqualified If they are found indulging in malpractice.
- Teams should be made up exclusively of students (or recent graduates within one year of having graduated) who are not organizers, volunteers, judges, sponsors, or in any other privileged position at the event.
- Teams can use libraries, frameworks, or open-source code in their projects. Working on a project before the event and open-sourcing it for the sole purpose of using the code during the event is against the spirit of the rules and is not allowed.
- The Hackathon is open and available for pan-India participation.
- Disclose of any conflicts of interest that cannot reasonably be avoided or escaped.
- Meals & Stay for participants will be provided at venue.
- No reimbursement/travel allowance will be provided by National Hackathon.
- Participants have to bear their own responsibility to safeguard their belongings during the event.
- In case of any emergency or medical assistance, please reach out to the Organizers.
- Team Size: 2-5 Members and open to all the streams like academia/ industry/ entrepreneurs/school students. Inter disciplinary teams are encouraged to participate.
- Teams can gain advice and support from Mentors and Guides assigned to them respectively.
- If an existing project is considered for the event, addition of newer features may be allowed as per the discretion of Judges
- Teams may be disqualified from the event at the discretion of Judges, if they break the Rules and Code of Conduct.
- Multi-Level Assessment: During the event, trams will be assessed every 6 hours on various parameters (to be mentioned specifically before the event).
- Sponsor’s specific prizes category winners (if any) will be decided based on points in different categories.
- In case of a tie, the decision of Judges will be final and binding
The final decisions of the judges are to be based on the following parameters:
- Market Validation
The panel will assign a score to each parameter, which will then determine the ranking of each participating team.
Composition of judges
The projects executed by the teams for the competition will be evaluated by a panel of expert judges, along with other authoritative figures from the world of high-tech and innovation.
CODE OF CONDUCT
This hackathon is a community event intended for learning, collaboration, and engagement in the developer community. We value the participation of each member of the developer community and want everyone involved to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all staff and participants are expected to show respect and courtesy to others throughout the event. To make clear what is expected, all staff, participants, volunteers, mentors and judges in the hackathon are required to conform to the following Code of Conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
- Be Respectful- Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally. Remember that harassment and racist, sexist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for this event*.
*Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Or anything such described by IPC/ Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act.
- Be Thoughtful- In the spirit of education and inclusiveness, there may be minors participating in the hackathon. Keep this in mind when speaking.
- Be Open- We welcome attendees from all backgrounds. This event is about increasing the overall amount of learning, partnership, and engagement in the developer community.
- Be Awesome- Do your best and believe in yourself.
Participants violating these rules may be asked to leave the hackathon at the sole discretion of the organizers.
Contact Us at:
Prof. Ankit Mundra (+91-9667604115)
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org