OVERVIEW OF THE CLUB
SPICMACAY MUJ is a chapter of the greater SPIC MACAY (Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music And Culture Amongst Youth) which is a non-political, nationwide, voluntary movement founded in 1977 by Dr. Kiran Seth, Professor-Emeritus at IIT-Delhi who was awarded the 'Padma Shri' for his contribution to the arts in 2009. In MUJ we strive to work towards the acknowledgement of essence of INDIA by the youth through various events and activites like artist showcase, heritage walks, movie screenings, social engagements,folk art presentation, artist workshops,student art showcase, talks, national and regional conventions etc. Every year,SPICMACAY as a community arranges more than 5000 programs in more than 1500 institutions, across almost 1000 cities, touching over 3 million students. All these programs are organized by thousands of volunteers – largely students, teachers, housewives, retired people, professionals, young and old. SPIC MACAY celebrates Nishkaam Seva - the spirit of volunteerism – of giving selflessly without expectation, a value that is intrinsic to our culture and important to nurture in today's world.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CLUB
SPIC MACAY is an affirmation of:-
- A priceless cultural heritage SPIC MACAY seeks to conserve and promote an awareness of the rich and heterogeneous cultural tapestry amongst the youth of our country through focus on classical arts, with their attendant legends and philosophy, and to facilitate an awareness of their deeper and subtler values.
- the pulsating and dynamic vitality of young people. The movement incorporates this vitality to cajole them into being a custodian of what is actually their birthright, namely their heritage, roots, and identity. It seeks to provoke thought and a genuine spirit of inquiry in the young.
- A solid value-based education, which involves the absorption of aesthetics and spirituality in an increasingly technical, mundane, and competitive world. Thus its work is educational in spirit and character and locates itself largely in educational institutions.
- The effectiveness of voluntary work, in inculcating a spirit of service. This is, in fact, the hidden agenda of this movement. Volunteers come from all walks of life with varied aspirations and skills. They give some of their time to a cause for the larger good and outside of their immediate self-interest. The emphasis is on participation without hierarchy or formalism.
- The need for a more inspired and holistic perspective in a world bombarded by too much information. A unique feature of the heritage of India is its in-built characteristic of introspection and philosophy that transcends mere intellectualism.
- All that is beautiful, lofty and wholesome, of the sensitive, kind and gentle human being who is inspired and in turn inspires.
VISION OF THE CLUB
Our vision is to give an individual the required experience, perception and adaption through which one can acknowledge the immense beauty of Indian culture taking which one can work towards preservation and promotion of Indian heritage,which also leads towards the growth of an individual in all dimensions.
MUJ FACULTY COORDINATOR
Dr Anjalee Narayan
Department of Arts | School of Humanities & Social Sciences
Contact Details: +91- 9936404393
STUDENT OFFICE BEARERS
|S.No.||Name||Reg. No.||Post||Department||Mobile No.||Email(only outlook)|
|1||Anshit Dhawan||189403017||President||Mechtaronics Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Suheil Qureshi||189102009||General Secretary||Civil Engineeringemail@example.com|
|3||Vibhakar Gupta||189301098||Treasurer||Computer Science Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Vinayak Vaidyanathan||189202076||Chapter Representative||Electronics and Communication Engineering||8130878033||Vinayak.email@example.com|
|5||Atishi Jain||199302030||Theme and Design head||IT||8755733763||Atishi.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Aditi Rao||199302208||Events and Stage head||ITemail@example.com|
|7||Jeevanshi Bansal||209302038||Promotions head||ITfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||Aryan Chitale||209202167||Creative and Content Head||Electronics and Communication Engineeringemail@example.com|
|9||Harshit Gupta||199302146||Logistics Head||ITfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- New membership - No fees
- Membership Renewal- No fees
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS