Associate Professor (Senior Scale)
Department of Physics School of Basic Sciences
Nilanjan Halder teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students of engineering as well as science departments at MUJ. He is SDC and DRC member of different science and engineering departments.
Member, Board of Studies; Department of Physics, Manipal University Jaipur
View Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=45x-9uAAAAAJ&hl=en
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Engineering Physics||PY1101||BTech, I/II semester|
|Introduction to Nanoscience and its applications||PY1490||BTech, IV/VI semester, Open Elective|
|Electronics||PY2113||MSc ( Physics), I semester|
|Quantum Mechanics-I||PY2212||MSc (Physics), II semester|
|Quantum Mechanics-II||PY2313||MSc (Physics), III semester|
|Engineering Physics Lab||PY1101||BTech I/II semester|
|Electronics Lab||PY2132||MSc ( Physics), I semester|
|Solid State Physics Lab||PY2331||MSc ( Physics), III semester|
|Electromagnetism||PY 1212||BSc (PCM)|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD (Electronic Science)||Compound semiconductors, Solid-State Physical Electronics||University of Calcutta||2006|
|MSc (Applied Physics)||Microelectronics||SMIT||2001|
|BSc (Hons)||Physics||University of Calcutta||1999|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal University Jaipur||Associate Professor||Academics & Research||December 2015-Till present|
|Manipal University Jaipur||Assistant Professor-I||Academics & Research||August 2011-November 2015|
|Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT-Bombay, India||Research Scientist||R&D in the Nanofabrication facility at Centre of Excellence in Nanotechnology.||February 2011 - August 2011|
|Laboratory of Solid-State Physics and Magnetism, KU Leuven, Belgium||Associate Academic Staff||Research, mentored UG & PG students.||March 2010 - December 2010|
|Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT-Bombay, India||Institute post-Doctoral Fellow||Research, mentored UG & PG students, training staffs at the Nanofabrication facility.||October 2007 - February 2010|
|Department of Electrical Engineering, Univ. of Nevada Las Vegas, USA||Visiting Research Scholar||Research, mentored UG & PG students.||July 2006 - March 2007|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Semiconductors, Material Science, Nanotechnology, Optoelectronic and Nano-Electronic Devices
Area of Expertise
Material Growth and their Characterization, Nano-Electronic Device Fabrication
Area of Research
Growth/epitaxy of Nano-Materials and Nanostructures , Physics and Technology of Nanoscale Electronic Devices, Optoelectronic and Photovoltaic Devices
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Membership of the Professional Societies :
Life member of MRSI (Material Research Society of India): Membership No.: LMB 21 21
Life member of IAPT (Indian Association of Physics Teachers): Membership No.: 9983, L6300
• Visiting Research Scholar at Univ. of Nevada Las Vegas, US (2006-2007) ; Institute Post-Doctoral Fellow at IIT-Bombay (2007-2009) ; Associate Academic Staff at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium (2010) ; Research Scientist at Centre for Nanoelectronics, IIT-Bombay (2011)
• Received Rai Bahadur Jogendranath Ghosh Overseas Scholarship (2006-2007) of the Calcutta University (based on doctoral research accomplishments) for pursuing Higher Studies abroad.
• Received 3rd prize (oral presentation) in the National Symposium for Materials Research Scholars (MR-08), Dept. of Metallurgical Eng. and Materials Sc., IIT-Bombay May 17-18, 2008.
• Received DST (GOI) Young Scientist Fast Track Project Proposal Award 2008; Grant: 17 lakh (INR)
• Visited DFG-Center for Functional Nanostructures, Univ. of Karlsruhe, Germany (17-29 Aug. 2009), and Dept. of Physics, Lancaster Univ., UK (28 June -1 July, 2010) for Research/Academic interactions.
• Convened and organized a Workshop titled “Current Trends in Electronic Materials and Devices, 30-31 March, 2012” at School of Engineering, Manipal University Jaipur. The workshop was supported by DST, Govt. of Rajasthan.
• Professionally involved (~3 yrs.) in installation and maintenance of several sophisticated instruments at Center for Nanoelectronics, IIT-Bombay being developed under INUP (Indian Nanousers Program). Also involved in training students/staffs with the instruments.
• Peer Advisor @ reputed institutes: Supervised Post-graduate students in the successful completion of the Master’s project under the Electronic Science program of the University of Calcutta through regular laboratory research work. At IIT-Bombay, during 3.5 yrs tenure as Institute Post Doc, guided a number of Master’s and Doctoral students in their research work in several different capacities.