Bachelor of Science (Hons) - Physics
hostel blocks with 3 for girls
Star rating from GRIHA and LEED's
lakhs in Scholarships
lakhs package offered
Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) was established in 2011 on an invitation from the Government of Rajasthan, as a self-financed private University. MUJ has redefined academic excellence in the region, with the Manipal way of learning; one that inspires students of all disciplines to learn and innovate through hands on practical experience. The MUJ has become first University in Rajasthan to accredited with A+ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of UGC.
The honours program trains and awards students with a Bachelor of Science degree after a 3-year period. The main objectives of this curriculum are:
1. To teach a wide range of Physics at an intermediate level and foster a creative spirit for learning to become inventive scientists and successful in a wide range of professions.
2. Producing graduates who are well grounded in the fundamentals and intermediate level of Physics and acquisition of the necessary skills, in order to use their knowledge in Physics in a wide range of practical application.
3. To acquire discipline-based skills in experimental, mathematical, and computational Physics.
After the completion of this course, the candidates will be well prepared to clear the following exams:
Furthermore on completion of 3 year course, candidates have a wide range of job opportunities in the employment areas like scientist jobs in DRDO, ISRO, CSIR labs and in research and development unit in Industries, power generating and pyrotechnics manufacturing companies, technical journals, Indian civil services, university/college jobs etc. There also available various job types like a professor, radiation oncologist, consulting physicist, etc.
The overall mission of B Sc (Hons) Physics programme at Manipal University Jaipur, is to provide quality education to the students. Through qualified teaching professionals who have received their PhD from the globally recognized best institutions and hold rich experience in teaching and research, the Department of Physics aims to achieve the following outcomes after completion of B Sc (Hons) course,
1. Create a hypothesis and appreciate how it relates to broader theories.
2. Evaluate hypothesis, theories, methods and evidence within their proper contexts.
3. Critically interpret data, write reports and apply the basics of rules of evidence.
4. Develop proficiency in the analysis of complex physical problems.
5. Provide a systematic understanding of core physical concepts, principles and theories along with their applications.
6. Will be trained for master’s program in Physics.
7. Nurture and develop employability skills through literary studies.
8. Help learners gain knowledge and ideas needed to conduct research in the field of literature
9. Develop the required analytical, critical, and application-oriented skills in physics.
10. Prepare students to take national and international level examination related to the discipline.
11. The department hosts several research projects sponsored by SERB, DST, UGC, DAE, DST Rajasthan and industry.
12. National (IITs, NIT’s and research laboratories) and international (Flinders University, Australia and TU Braunschweig, Germany) research collaborations.
The students at Manipal University Jaipur have ample opportunities to participate in various curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities all-round the year. The academic process is completely automated, with an Academic Management System in place.
The spacious and state-of-the-art Library at MUJ is adequately stocked with the requisite number of reference and textbooks, a large number of national and international journals, e-books and e-journals. Students and faculties are given online access to many e-books/courses, from Pearson, NPTEL, Coursera etc.
Many indoor and outdoor facilities, through various Student Clubs, are available to students for sports, cultural and technical activities outside the classroom. The Student Activity Area (SAC) and the Amphitheatre are places where students think, imagine, connect, reflect, and innovate.
A well-established research laboratory for synthesis of various type of materials and nanocomposite material. University have centralized material characterization facility named Central Analytical Facilities (CAF) equipped with all high-level research equipment.
A student graduating from Faculty of Science is ahead of graduates from other institutions in terms of basic theoretical, practical and overall knowledge.
Dean Faculty of Science
|Indian (Rs)||International (USD)|
MUJ is a place where your voice is heard, your opinion counts, provides exposure and teachers are very cooperative.
To take admission in any of the several courses at Manipal University Jaipur, please go through this table to check your eligibility, in terms of academic pre-requisites and minimum age requirement.
If you don’t find the information you seek, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you at the earliest.
Once you have zeroed in on the course of your choice, this page will take you to our main Eligibility page.