CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Dr Meena Kumari Sharma is working as Professor and Head, Department of Civil Engineering at Faculty of Engineering, MUJ.
She is also:
- Teaching curricular subjects and guide students at UG, PG and PhD levels.
- Establish Environmental Engineering Lab as a In-charge
- Participates in the development of the Curriculum design and its upgradation
- Involve in external funding projects and cusultancies
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Water Treatment and Sanitation
|| M.Tech (I Semester)
|Advanced Wastewater Treatment Systems
|| M.Tech (II Semester)
|Rural Water Supply and Sanitation
|| B.Tech (VII Semester)
|| B.Tech (V Semester)
|| B.Tech (VI Semester)
|| B.Tech (VI Semester)
||Year of passing
|| Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee
|| Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
|| Engineering College, Kota (RTU)
|Institution / Organisation
|Manipal University Jaipur
|| Teaching, Research & Consultancy
|| January 03, 2015 to present
|Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
||Research Scholar (Full Time)
|| Doctoral Research
|| July 16, 2010 to December 31, 2014
|Kautilya Institute of Technology & Engg
|| Teaching & Proctor, Member of Examination Cell
|| February 27, 2006 to July 14, 2010
|Engineering College ,Kota
|| August 9,2004 to February 26, 2006
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Environmental Science & Engineering, Natural Water treatment, Biological wastewater treatment, Sludge Management, Solid Waste Management and Toxicology
On-site & Small-scale wastewater treatment systems, Design and Development of Toilet Infrastructure, Energy recovery, Septage/ sludge Management, Process and Products for Nutrient Recovery
Design and development of onsite sanitation system, Biological Wastewater Treatment, Grey Water Treatment and Recycling, Wastewater microbiology, Removal of Trace Contaiminants, Novel Sanitation Technology, Elctro-chemical Treatment Process
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Head, Department of Civil Engg. - 2019-Cont.
- Nucleous Member of Directorate of Research (DoR), MUJ - 2019-20
- Nucleous Member of Directorate of Student Welfare (DSW), MUJ - 2018-19
- Research Coordinator, Department of Civil Engneering, MUJ - 2018-19
- Lab In-charge Environmental Engg. Laboratory - 2017-20
- Indian Society for Technical Education
- Indian Water Work Association, India
- International Society for Environmental Information Sciences, India
- Institute of Engineers (India)
- UK Research Council Member - International Development Peer Review College
- Member - International Association for Safety, Quality and Environmental Management
- Grant by DST, RAJASTHAN with a budget outlay of Rs. 5.9 lacs to conduct various Behaviour change training programs in the field of Women Empowerment, Safety, Health and Hygiene and on Community-based Sanitation Activities in the rural areas of the country.
- Grant by DST, RAJASTHAN for a Societal project under the scheme of Swachh Bharat Mission for the assessment of innovative sanitation technology for the management of solid and liquid waste management for a duration of three years with a budget outlay of Rs. 21.21 lacs.
- Grant from UNESCO-IHE Delft, Netherlands and BILL & MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION (BMGF) for online course on Faecal Sludge Management with a budget outlay of Rs. 10 lacs.
- Travel Grant for attending Second IWA workshop on Community Scale Resource Oriented Sanitation Treatment Systems organized by AMERICAN NATIONAL STANDARDS INSTITUTE (ANSI) held on 7-8 September 2017 in Singapore.
- Short Action Programs funded by BILL & MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION (BMGF) for creating awareness in academic institutions on Faecal Sludge Management with a budget outlay of Rs. 16 lacs.
- Travel Grant by UK Research Council for attending GCRF Global Engagement Meeting held on 7-9 November, 2017 in New Delhi, India.
- Travel Grant by UK Research Council for attending GCRF Global Engagement Meeting held on 5-7 February 2019 in Cairo, Egypt.
- Enhanced Seed Grant through Endowment fund from Manipal University Jaipur for two-year duration with a budget outlay of Rs 2.5 lacs for a research project to be carried out as Co-Principal Investigator.
- Seed Money Grant for a research project entitled ‘Development of low cost water purifier for rural India’ for a duration of one year with a budget outlay of Rs. 1.0 lac to be carried out as Co-Principal Investigator at Manipal University Jaipur.
- Research Grant by SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING RESEARCH BOARD, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India under its ECR scheme for a project of three year duration with a budgaet outlay of approx. Rs. 30 lacs to be carried out as Co-Principal Investigator at Manipal University Jaipur
- Invited for Talk on the topic of “Low-cost onsite sanitation system for developing countries” at Swami Keshvanand Institute of Technology, Management & Gramothan, Jaipur.
- Co-Chairing a Session in the National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Water Quantity and Quality Management –II” held on 29-30 March, 2019 at Poornima University Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
- MHRD Scholarship received during academic years 2002 to 2004 in order to persue M.Tech from MNIT, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Teaching Assistantship from MHRD, during academic years 2010 to 2014 in order to persue PhD from Indian Institue of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand.
- Keynote speaker in a two-day Workshop on Mainstreaming Citywide Sanitation: Opportunities and Challenges for Excreta Management organised by Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) supported by BILL & MELINDA GATES Foundation at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on 4-5 April 24, 2016
- Technical Note in a Book prepared by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Government of India, with a Solid and Liquid Waste Management project under Swachh Bharat Activities.
- Best Paper Award in National Conference on Smart Infrastructure and Environment “NCSIE 2016” held on April 08-09, 2016 organized by Poornima Institute of Engineering & Technology.
- Organized “ROBOKRITI” workshop conducted by TECHPHILIA in association with APOGEE’09- BITS PILANI held at KITE.
- Organized one day workshop ‘FOSSNIGMA’ at KITE-SOM about computer language awareness.
|Masoom Construction Co. Pvt. Ltd.
||June 18, 2001 to April 30, 2002